Home » » Members of the Family and Central Valley

Members of the Family and Central Valley

The trees you see are almonds and pistachios in the Central Valley of Calif. I think most of our vegetables, fruits and nuts come from this area along with southern Calif. The branches of the pistachio trees hang to the ground heavily with so many nuts when they are just about to be harvested. I absolutely love the look of them full, but then I love pistachos. Did you know the pistachio is an evergreen and a relative of the cashew nut?? Interesting.

This is just heading up the Grapevine - Interstate 5. We used to have to go 99 freeway through Modesto and Fresno and they had the most wonderful fresh fruit and juice stands along the way; I miss that a lot. The 2 lane road can be seen off to the side and I remember coming up that old road. Today it's an 8-10 lane freeway.

The Red Barn Antique Shop is where we went yesterday. I'll have more than enough photos of it tomorrow! I'm tempted to go back but I can only get so much in our Toyota Camry and I have a chair, table and other large items now. I may have to strap Jack to the top for sure now. At least I won't have to listen to him complaining about what I've bought.

Now to introduce you to our 2 granddogs! This is Brownie and she's very old - muddles around, walks sooooo slowly, poos on the rugs in the kitchen, sleeps a lot and won't go for a walk because she just couldn't make the walk. Whooooooa, that sounds like ME!!! Nuuuuuuu, I don't go on the rugs.........uh hmmmm...... Anyway, Brownie was a stray and is known as one of the homeliest dogs in the world with a huge underbite. But our daughter-in-law would put up a pretty good fight is anyone tried taking her now!

This is Pepper and was left here by a friend of our 19 year old grandson who couldn't take him to Georgia where he was moving with his mom and was going to send for him. That was about 8 years ago now. Ya think he'll return?!?!?!

This is just one of the "stalls" at the antique/flea market. It did have that adorable settee though. Sob.....sob......it just wouldn't fit in the car!!

I passed over this little rose tea pot but Love Bunny kept giving me the "eye", which meant NOT TOO MUCH, Connie! I'm sorry I didn't get it though - only $7.00.

Daughter and I hung these little vintage hankies before we left her house to head south. She's had that 4 panel trellis and painted it green. I didn't even know she had a stash of these gorgeous/beautiful/lovely old hankies!!!! Does she let her mother know anything?!?!?!? Nuuuuuuu.....!!!

This is part of what I bought in N. Calif. last saturday. There are a lot of cheese domes or cloches in the bags or suitcase. Now I've added to the stash. I got that wonderful little clock for $2.50!!! Oooooh, be still my heart......I've been looking for one for quite a while, chickadees.

Another stall at The Red Barn. I liked that little table also, but IT WON'T FIT IN THE CAR....SOB...SOB.....SOB..... Hmmmm, I just realized something about the "sob" - I'm meaning I'm crying not calling someone names!! Yikes. Ooooooh, I can't wait to show you some more things tomorrow!! I'm soooo excited with what I bought!
Powered by Blogger.